Business Application Development
Customer Relationship Management
Customer Relationship Management (CRM) is a methodology used to collate and manage information about customers, sales, marketing effectiveness, responsiveness and market trends.
It helps the organization understand, anticipate and respond to customers’ requirements. The process itself is an input for the organization to learn more about customers’ needs and behaviours.
A good Customer Relationship Management system is a judicious combination of technology and human resources that helps the company to strengthen relationships.
To develop an efficient Customer Relationship Management system,
the building blocks include
- Well defined objectives
- Implement change to improve
- Focus on all aspects of the business
- Employ skilled managers
- Identify and define business problems
- Apply the right methodology to suit the unique needs of the organization
- Ease of use
- Arrive at the solutions to suit business objectives and to tackle the problems
- Define standards
Some of the challenges that may come up while implementing a Customer Relationship Management system are,
- The human resource and technological costs involved to maintain a customer database are rather high
- Impediments in the implementation of Customer Relationship Management system may cause shift in focus from the objective, which can be disastrous
- Insufficient resources or non-utilization of available resources can cause a Customer Relationship Management system to collapse
- Standards, evaluating and monitoring techniques should be defined to suit the systems in the organization. In other words, it should measure what it is supposed to measure
- Employees should be trained sufficiently. In the absence of which new and complex problems would arise
- Customer-centric culture should be inculcated in all levels of the organization. A good Customer Relationship Management system will fail badly if the employees are reluctant to serve customers
- If the employees and the managements do not see visible, positive results, it negatively affects the morale of the Customer Relationship Management system
When an organization has a good Customer Relation Management system, it enjoys the benefits of providing better customer service, increasing customer revenues, acquiring new customers, simplifying sales and marketing processes which in turn helps the sales staff to finish deals quickly and ensure efficient call centre functioning.
At BlazeDream, we design Customer Relationship Management systems to suit the unique needs of the organization. The challenges are taken into serious consideration and we work to maximize the benefits of the system for the organization. With technological advancement, software are being designed and developed to evolve an effective Customer Relationship Management system. Selection of medium too determines the success of the system. Current trends are, use of the mobile and internet technology to support the Customer Relationship Management system.