Planned to develop a web application for your project, but getting confused of what and how to write a requirement. This article helps you to write the requirements by giving you a clear insight to write a request for proposal.
A detailed RFP will help you to put your project in the right direction. If you not yet prepared the detailed request for proposal, the web development company will help you to develop one. You can avail the service from an expert business analyst. So, it’s important to bring out the reasons why a Request for Proposal is as much essential in the development of your project.
• It displays your project entire requirements.
• With an RFP, a written documentation of your requirements is also to be submitted.
• Gives a clear picture of the scope of the project
• With the detailed description, it will be easy for your vendor to tell their estimated cost.
• An RFP will act as a basis of indication throughout the stages of the project execution.
How Request for proposal benefits us?
Actually speaking, it’s difficult for a web development company to exactly know what the client think in his mind regarding his project requirements. Once the client requirement has been clearly understood with the information provided, the web development company can easily get through the project proposal / quote.
As a client, if you fail to provide your definite requirement, the development company will have to invest many hours to analyze and determine your requirements for the project. If request for quote is provided, then it will helpful for the company to give you a comprehensive quote along with the deadline for the project. It helps you to avoid over estimation or under estimation of the project.
Basic purpose of Request for proposal
The basic purpose to prepare a request for proposal is to get a plan which will be more suitable for your business requirements. Some of the most common and important details to prepare a request for proposal are:
2. Company Background
3. Project Purpose & Scope
• Current Process Overview
• Project Details
• Project Verification
• Target Hardware, Software & Platform – Server
• General Software and Hardware Standards to follow
• Software Source Code
• Training for end users
• Recommended Hardware
4. Vendor Instructions
• Solution Proposition
• Price Quotation
• Schedule for Evaluation Process
• Proposal Submission & Contact Information
• Proposal Format
5. Questionnaire to get an overview