Content is the king of web media. Search engines and web users both look for information. An article is written focusing both the end users and search engines. Search engines are algorithm that cannot able to see pages with graphics or layouts, it looks for content. Search engines endure itself with the job of indexing the page and identifying the required page needed for web searchers. A website with unique & quality content can easily reach both searchers and search engines.
Writing for searchers
A website with unique & interesting content is the essential key tool to attract more searchers, not only searchers but also relevant searchers who are actually looking for what they’re expecting. Before writing content for web searchers, first consider some of the basic factors. Just think about the few sites you are interested in visiting again and again and what makes you to visit that again. Whether its quality, uniqueness, relevance and even more. Relevant & Quality Content, tutorials, tips compel readers to come back again and again.
What Makes Good Web Content?
- Interesting, unique & relevant content
- Links that point searchers to other parts of the site and also offering better search results. Website links helps to feed the spiders.
- Updated and evergreen content. Evergreen also signify updated content.
How to Write Good Web Content
- Relevant Keywords – Concentrate more on the website keywords that offers product and services. Content with effective keywords will surely reach the searchers. Make them stand out using bold, different font & headlines etc.
- Titles – Title is the key to success & increase traffic of the article content. Create a descriptive title for the article. Clear title describing the article content will reach the end users.
- Make your ideas short and sweet. Don’t elaborate the content; rather focus on the point with required information.
Writing for Search Engines
If you are writing for search engines, then focus some of the factor in mind.
- Keyword Strategy – When writing a copy, concentrate on the primary keyword first and then make use of other keyword phrases throughout the page. Try to optimize the page with limited keyword phrases. There should be 2% to 5% of keyword density in a page. Keyword density tools are available in more numbers and make use of it.
- Page Length – The optimal page length for search engines is 250 to 300 words. Try to avoid inserting of more keyword phrases in a single page.
- Title & Meta tags – The characters in title tag should be generally 64 to 65 long. It is the length of search engine’s search title. The Meta description should be 150 characters long and Meta keywords should keep the track of phrases you are optimizing.
- Deep links – Creating hyperlinks to other pages in the site or deep links in the site will helps to boost the search engine rankings, especially when links contain full or partial keyword phrases.
- Places for key word phrases – Title, Meta description, Meta keywords, headings, bold, text links, alt tags for images and title tags for text links are places where keyword phrases as to be concentrated.