Requirements engineering is essentially the process of defining, documenting and maintaining the requirements to determine user expectations for building a new or modified product. The requirement engineering is of paramount importance to develop and maintain a refined ‘System Requirements Specification’ document.
The Requirement Engineering is the most important phase of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC). This phase is used to translate the imprecise, incomplete needs and wishes of the potential users of software into complete, precise and formal specifications. Requirement Engineering has a paramount importance in different stages of the SDLC, its consideration in software development is crucial.
The Waterfall Model of Requirement Engineering Process Are as Follows:
- Requirements Management
Things You should Consider During Requirement Analysis Phase:
- Map out a strategy
- Listen actively
- Focus on the other party’s interests
- Recognize that it is not competition
- Don’t let it get personal
- Be creative
- Be ready to commit
Requirement Engineering process will start with an initial face to face meeting with our potential clients, the customer states the expectations of the project including.
- Who are your website visitors?
- What will be the purpose of their visit?
- What is the paramount target of your website?
- How can your website best cater to their needs?
- What is the Scope of the project?
- How different the site should be compared to the competitors’ site?
After your client has jotted down what they are truly looking for out of the project, you can begin to make your suggestions based on what the client is looking to accomplish. Once the information is gathered, we’ll go ahead and put it in a precise format so that our web design & development team understands what exactly needs to be done.