If you wish to start a website and invest money in it, it is necessary that you consider few things. Having answers to these questions will help focus your efforts and save you time and money.
Understand what you want or what you need from your site. Too many online businesses really don’t know what they desire from their website. Have you researched who your online customers are? Do you know what keywords they search for? Do you know what sites they visit? Do you know why they are looking for in your site? If you don’t, have answers fore these questions, then it means you don’t know what you want.
If visitors are not interested in your site, then what is the point in you spending time and energy driving traffic for that particular site? A website is not ready for Search Engine Optimization until you’ve determined the best use for your website.
You should basically know what your goal is or what you want to achieve from your website.
1. Sketch a plan on what you expect the web to enhance your business. Check out this on regular basis.
2. Know how the web fits into your overall goals
3. Outline what you want the web site to do immediately and what in the future?
Know your Target Audience and decide what you want to communicate through your web site.
1. Know your clients/audience
2. Who do you wish to become your clients/audience
3. Know what your customers/ audience need from the web site
Selling/Online sales, Information/educating and engaging are the three functions which are mostly incorporated in a website. And each of these functions has the potential to work against the other. That’s why businesses should focus mainly on one of these website goals:
1. Sales – When customers are ready to make an immediate purchase it is necessary that you offer them clear details about the product and provide a good service to them.
2. Information/Education – Visitors who are in advance to the buying process can be explained by the product features, benefits and concepts. But information and education should be given with care: It can also mystify and turn off a buyer who thought he knew what he wanted to buy in this case. Too much informational and educational content can in reality hurt sales.
3. Engagement – In these kinds of interaction sites we can build relationships by encouraging visitors to leave blog comments, sign up for newsletters, take surveys and the like. But be cautious about spending resources on visitors who don’t have purchasing or influencing authority and are just spam members.
First, think upon your necessity. Then proceed with optimization. Your online marketing strategy won’t convey the results you seek until your site is incorporated with goal-oriented content.