Google Webmaster Tools
Google webmaster tools are Google’s free web services provided for webmasters to check the indexing status and optimized visibility of their websites.
Google webmaster tools let the webmaster to:
- Submit & check the sitemaps
- Check & set the crawl rate and view statistics about how Googlebot accessing the particular site.
- Create and check robots.txt file
- List internal and external pages that link to the site
- Check how keyword searches on Google lead the site being listed in SERPs (Search engine result page) and click through rates of such listings.
- View statistics showing about how Google indexes the site and how it found any errors while doing it.
- Set preferred domain which determines how the site URL is displayed in SERPs.
Some of the quality guidelines offered by Google for fast indexing:
- Avoid hidden text or links
- Don’t use cloaking or sneaky redirects
- Don’t send automated queries to Google
- Avoid loading pages with irrelevant keywords
- Using substantial duplicate content, don’t create multiple pages, subdomains or any other domains
- Delete or modify pages with malicious behaviors such as phishing, installing viruses, Trojans or other badware
- Don’t use doorway pages created for search engines or cookie cutter.
- If the website participates in any of the affiliate programs, ensure that the site adds value by providing unique and relevant content to the users at their first visit.
Yahoo! Site Explorer
Yahoo also offers a webmaster tool named “Site Explorer” allowing the users to explore all the web pages to be indexed by yahoo search. View the most popular pages from any site, dive into a comprehensive sitemap and find pages that link to the website or pages. It’s a yahoo service allowing webmaster to view information about their websites in Yahoo! search index.
Exploring the site in yahoo is as easy as doing a web search, but instead of entering the query term, the user is required to enter the site URL. Yahoo! site explorer does not exhibit the same result as web search display. Instead, it uses the URL submitted to view the particular information related to the structure of that URL in Yahoo search database and on the web.
Users who add special authentication code to their websites are also allowed to:
- Can see extra information on their website
- Submit sitemaps
- Submit 20 URL removal request for their domains to Yahoo!
- Rewrite dynamic URLs either by removing dynamic parameter or using default value for parameter.
- Submit feeds for yahoo search monkey
- View errors yahoo while crawling the website
Bing Webmaster Center
Bing webmaster center is a search service offered by Microsoft Bing search engine allowing the webmasters to add their websites to Bing Index crawler. It offers tools for webmasters to troubleshoot the crawling & indexing of the website, sitemap creation, submission and ping tools, website statistics, consolidation of content submission and community resources.
Bing Webmaster Center lets the webmaster to:
- Crawl issue feature allows the webmaster to discover the potential issues with the websites such as File not found (404) errors, long dynamic URLs, unsupported content types and issues blocked by REP.
- Backlink data enables the user to access the data from referring links
- Advanced filtering allows webmaster to quickly span the result
- Data download enables the user to access the first 1000 results in a CSV file.
- Keyword search tool
- Robots.txt validator
- HTTP verifier
- Outbound links